EMPOWER is designed to meet the unique needs of any institution of higher education. EMPOWER has been working closely with government agencies to develop functions that are required from a student information system.
Some of the government agency-specific functions in EMPOWER include:
- Compliance with the US Department of Defense STIG for sensitive applications
- Connectivity to other common COTS systems
- Conforms to common government data types such as rank, grade and step; designator/MOS, specialty; UIC; billet assignments; temporary duty/leave; etc.
- Competency-based education (CBE) support and certification
- Flexible program scheduling
- Information support for leadership research and analysis
- Web-based information capture (in-process, biographical, admissions, surveys)